OPT, CPT and Finding a Job

Do you think that you can’t work with a student visa? However, your options are OPT and CPT. These are two types of work authorizations that allow international students to work temporarily in the USA. Only students holding an F-1 visa can apply for OPT or CPT for a period of 12 months. CPT is a part of the academic curriculum of the US education system and allows students to work while studying. OPT can be applied either before or after the completion of studies and students can take up a job under I-20 listed employees only.
A&K offers you a two-year certificate programme where you can start working in your second year of studies.
After you complete a certificate program in the USA, you will need to apply for OPT. You can do this through the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Once you have received your OPT approval, you can start looking for a job. You can find job openings on websites such as Indeed, LinkedIn, and
You can also network with people in your field to find job opportunities. Attend industry events and meetups, and connect with people on LinkedIn.
The main advantage of Post-completion OPT is that you can work full—time and will receive a salary as a qualified specialist. The average opt salary in the USA is $74,777 per year or $35.95 per hour. Entry level positions start at $49,262 per year while most experienced workers make up to $115,418 per year. For example, an Office Assistant can make up to $3500 per month while a Project Manager makes about $9000 per month. And we are talking only about salaries during OPT, don’t forget that afterwards you will be able to get a working visa and earn even more. Do you remember the average salary in your country?
If you are interested in studying abroad in the USA and working in an American company, then a certificate program may be the right option for you. A&K is here to help you.