Your questions answered. English proficiency, education and job opportunities in the US

Every day, our team receives countless questions about a US visa, education and life in America. To help you out, we’ve gathered the most frequently asked ones.


Q. What if my English level is rather poor? How can I pass an interview?
A. You can pass an interview with the assistance of an interpreter. There are language courses for any levels, including beginners.
Q. I want to enroll in a master's program, but my English is very poor. Do I need to learn the language first and come to the USA afterwards?
A. Admission requirements in different institutions can indeed include English language proficiency tests (TOEFL or IELTS). However, it doesn't mean that you have to waste time staying at home.
You can study English in one of the language schools in the USA. It will be much more effective because you'll have lots of language practice.
Moreover, there is a Pathway program, which helps you enroll in a bachelor's, master's, or PhD program without additional exams. It lasts from 8 to 24 weeks depending on the level of the language.
A&K American Educational Consulting cooperates with language schools in different cities of the United States where training in this program is available. Upon completion of the advanced class, students are exempt from taking TOEFL/IELTS exams.
Q. I want to enroll in a U.S. university but my English language level is B1. I'm submitting documents for studying at a language school. Will I have to get a new visa later? Or will I be able to stay in the country and continue my education?
A. You can stay in the USA as long as you have a valid I-20 form, which confirms your student status. The I-20 form is issued by your educational institution and must be valid for the entire duration of your studies. If you extend you studies or transfer to a new institution, your I-20 form can be updated accordingly.
It’s important to maintain continuous enrollment in an educational program and ensure that you comply with all visa regulations. Regularly paying your tuition fees and following the rules of your visa category will allow you to stay in the country without need to leave and reapply for a new visa.


Q. I don’t have a degree. Can I participate in your program?
A. Certainly. The only education document you need is a high school diploma.
Q. What if I want to go to a certain state where you don't have partner language schools. Will you still be able to help me?
A. With Full or VIP Support package we'll find a suitable educational institution in the state you have chosen.

Job Opportunities

Q. What is a certificate program?
A. A certificate program is a short-term university based educational program that focuses on a specific skill or area of study. It typically lasts from 3 to 24 months and is designed to provide practical knowledge and hands-on training in a particular field. Upon completion of the program, participants receive a certificate or diploma to demonstrate their proficiency in the subject matter. These programs are a great option for individuals looking to enhance their skills, advance their careers, or explore a new field without committing to a full degree program.
Q. What specialty can I get fulfilling a certificate program?
A. There are numerous specialties in various fields, so anyone can find something to their taste. You can become a specialist in Information Technology Services, International Business Administration, Marketing, Sport Coaching, Graphic Design and so on. Check the full list here.
Q. What is an OPT?
A. OPT (Optional Practical Training) is not just any internship; it's your gateway to real-world experience and career advancement in the United States. Whether paid or unpaid, this opportunity allows you to dive into the professional realm after graduation, extending your stay in America by an additional 12 months.
But here's the real kicker: OPT isn't just a temporary stint. It's your chance to impress potential employers with your skills and dedication. If your performance shines bright, your employer may even sponsor you for an H1B visa, opening the doors to long-term career prospects in the USA. So, seize the opportunity, excel in your field, and pave the way for a thriving career on American soil.
Hopefully, our answers were of use.
Over 1000 of our clients have already come to America with our assistance and have changed their life.
It’s never too late to give a boost to your professional and personal growth. Don’t waste your time and contact us to start making your American dream come true.
Please feel free to drop a line if you have any other questions. Our managers will be happy to answer them, help you choose an educational program, calculate your travel budget, and provide a preliminary assessment of your chances of obtaining a visa.